293, Satya Nagar, RaeBareli (229001)- U.P.
Mob. 09415043084 email :
TEACHING / RESEARCH EXPERIENCE (UG & PG Level) 24 years
Area of Research Interest :
· Biodiversity conservation & sustainable management of various ecosystems
· Studies on TEK (Traditional Ecological Knowledge)
· Socioeconomic concepts and Village Ecosystem function.
· Restoration of degraded waste lands.
· Inter disciplinary studies on forest/tribals/agro-ecosystem.
NGO EXPERIENCE :
· Worked with Centre for Science and Environment during 1997 for two projects
· Currently working on collaborative project with Sarvodaya Sevasharm, and RainDrop, Bargarh, Chitrakoot.
PROJECTS AWARDED / COMPLETED :
· "Socio - economic Study of Eucalyptus plantations in central & eastern U.P." from Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education Under World Bank aided project.
· Ecological analysis of Natural Restoration Pattern of abandoned brick - kiln fields in Rae Bareli, U.P. from University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
· Studies on soil attributes and microbial activity under varied landscape pattern of eucalyptus plantation in Raebareli district of U.P. from University Grants Commission , New delhi.
· Technology imparted to and adopted by Farmers in Raebareli district of U.P for reclamation of sodic ecosystems using biological methodology. Feroze Gandhi college ,Raebareli
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
Name of University
Year of Passing
North Eastern Hill University, Shillong (Meghalaya)
National Law School of India University Bangalore
TITLE OF Ph.D. : Studies on Ecological implication of varied
land use patterns in the North Eastern Hill
Regions of India.
SUPERVISOR : Prof. P.S. Ramakrishnan, School of Environmental Sciences Jawahar Lal Nehru University
i) Junior Research Fellowship (2 year) (June 1984 to May 1986), Deptt. of Environment & Forest, Government of India.
ii) Senior Research Fellowship (June 1986 to April 1988), Deptt. of Environment & Forest, Government of India.
iii) Senior Research Fellowship (Nov. and Dec. 1988), Deptt. of Science & Technology, Government of India.
1. Ecological analysis of natural restoration pattern of abandoned brick kiln fields of Raebareli district of U. P. RDMS,2011, F.G.College,Raebareli (Eds. S.Srivastava,Dept. of Chemistry)under publication.,2011
2. Floristic diversity of Samaspur Lake system in Rae Bareli district of U.P. : An Ecological Assessment Environment Pollution & Management (Eds : P.C. Trivedi) University of Rajasthan, Avishkar Publication, Jaipur - 214 - 228 - 2004
3. Studies on Eucalyptus Plantations under the farm forestry and agro forestry systems of UP in northern India. Forest, Trees and Livelihood, 13 : 313 - 330, 2003.
4. Energy flow through an Apatani Village ecosystem in Arunachal Pradesh in north - east India. Human Ecology, 18, 223-256, (1990).
5. Traditional water harvesting techniques practised by Apatani tribe of Arunanchal Pradesh - Eastern Himalaya. Dying Wisdom. (ed. Anil Agarwal & Sunita Narain) Centre for Science & Environment, 50 - 53 (1997).
6. Human Ecological approach for environment conservation in developing countries. Human Health & Environment (eds. Sinha et. al.) Ashish Publishing House. New Delhi. 297 - 306, 1997.
7. Valley Cultivation : In Harmony with the Nature. Contributed article to ILIEA, Nether land 11(2) : 34, 1995
8. Village ecosystem function of the tribal societies in north eastern India with special reference to hill Miris of Arunachal Pradesh. Prospectives in Ecology, (eds. J.S. Singh & Brij Gopal), 353 - 276, (1989).
9. Ecological implications of some cash crop ecosystems in the north eastern India, Proc. Indina Acad. of Science (Plant Science), 211-222 (1989).
Book review :
· Quercus ilex L. Ecosystem : Function, Dynamic & Management. Advances in Vegetation Science. 13 vi + 377 pages. Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht (Edi. romane & Terradas). Int. J. Ecol. & Env. Sci. 19(1) 59-60 1993.
Books published :
i) Human Health & Environment (eds: with Dr. A.K. Sinha) Ashish Publishing House, New Delhi. 1997.
ii) Botany for Degree students : Pteridophyta by V.R.Vashisht , Dr. A.K. Sinha & Dr Anil Kumar
iii) Botany for Degree students : Gymnosperm by V.R.Vashishta,
Dr. A.K. Sinha & Dr. Anil Kumar, S.Chand Publishers, New Delhi2012
iv) Botany for Degree students : Fungi by V.R.Vashisht, Dr. A.K. Sinha & Dr. Anil Kumar- (2014) S.Chand Publishers, New Delhi
Abstract Published/Accepted :
i) Forest Resource Conservation strategies & Apatani Tribes of Arunachal Pradesh in north-east India. International Conference on
Conservation of Tropical Biodiversity: In Harmony with Nature, June 12-16, 1990. Malayan Nature Society, Kualalumpur, Malaysia.
ii) Management and Ecology of Wet rice cultivation of Aparanis in North-East India. VIIth World Congress Water for Sustainable Development in 21st Century, May 13-18, 1991, Rabat, Morrocco.
iii) Tribals life and their association with forests in North-East India, an ecological analysis. V International Conference of the Soc iety for Human Ecology, Aug., 1991. Gothenburg University, Gothenburg.
i) Rural Ecology & Forest dependency of hill Miri tribe of Arunachal Pradesh in north-eastern India, pp 17-18. Abstract volume. Natural Resource utilization & Environmental Appraisal, Dec. 23-25, 1989. Deptt. of Geology, Ravishankar University, Raipur (M.P.)
ii) Village ecosystem function of Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh in north-east India. Abstract Volume Environment & its Conservation Dec. 29-31, 1989. Deptt. of P.G. Studies & Research in Zoology, Abdul Hakeem College Melvisharam (T.N.)
iii) Ecological & economic efficiencies & nutrient flow of plantation/cash crops in north-eastern hill region of India. Abstract volume, Environmental studies for sustainable Development, Jan. 23-25, 1990. Deptt. of Environmental Science, P.S.G. College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore (T.N.)
iv) Traditional water harvesting techniques practiced by Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh. Abstract volume Traditional water harvesting systems of India. India International Centre, New Delhi Oct. 9-11, 1990.
v) Human Ecological approach for Environment Conservation in Developing Countries. Abstract volume 'SAARC Countries Conference of Environment Management in Developing Countries" Feb 23-24, 1991. Feroze Gandhi College, Rae Bareli (U.P.)
Conferences attended :
1. SCOPE INTERNATIONAL Workshop on Ecology of Biological Invasion in the Tropics, Seprt. 18-20, 1989, at Nainital club, Nainital, Organised by G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environ. & Develop., Almora.
2. All India Seminar on Natural Resource Utilization & Environmental Appraisal, Dec. 23-25, 1989. Deptt. of Geology, Ravishankar University, Raipur (M.P.)
3. Traditional Water Harvesting Systems of India Oct. 9-11, 1990 at India International Centre, New Delhi, Organised by Center for Science and Environment, New Delhi.
4. SAARC Countries Conference on Environment Management in Developing Countries, Feb. 23-24, 1991 at Feroze Gandhi College, Rae Bareli.
5. Recent Development in Material Sciences,Organised by Dept. of Chemistry , Feroze Gandhi College, RaeBareli,2011, F.G.College,Raebareli
Academic Achievements/Involvements :
1- Attended and completed 3 week Special Summer School Programme at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.(6th. May to 26th May,2015)
2- Observer for CBSE Exams of AIPMT, JEE, CTET since last 8years
3- Resource Person / Consultant for Natural Resource Management at Bargarh area inhabited by Kol Tribe. during 2012-2014 with Sarvodaya Seva Sansthan and Rain Drop NGO
4- Designed restoration of degraded land of Bargarh Area of Chitrakoot district.
5- Assisted in Water Management and revival of river at Bargarh.
· Prof. P.S. Ramakrishnan
School of Environmental Sciences J.N.U.
· Prof. K.G.Saxena
School of Environmental Sciences,
· Prof.Dr. K.S. Rao
Department of Botany, Delhi University
NATIONALITY : Indian
FATHER’S NAME : Late Sri T.N. Srivastava
PRESENT POSITION : Sr.Lecturer, Department of Botany,
Feroze Gandhi College, Rae Bareli (U.P.)